Sticky Chicken is flavorful chicken coated in a honey sauce – perfectly paired with a tossed salad.
To begin, cut 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces. You can use breasts or thighs, whichever you have on hand.
Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl. Add in 4 teaspoons of Five Spice, a teaspoon each of salt and smoked paprika.
Toss the chicken around to coat with the spices.
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the chicken and cook until it is just browned.
In a measuring cup combine 1/2 cup of honey and the juice of a whole lemon.
Whisk together and pour into the skillet. Continue to cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid has thickened just a bit.
Serve with a tossed salad.
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken (thighs or breasts)
- 4 teaspoons Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tb coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ cup honey
- juice of a whole lemon
- Tossed salad
- To begin, cut the chicken into 1½ inch pieces. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in all of the seasonings, and toss it around to coat the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook until just browned.
- In a measuring cup, measure the honey and add in the juice of the lemon. Whisk them together and add it to the skillet. Continue to cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid has thickened just a bit.
- Serve with a tossed salad.