We have heard loud and clear through our vibrant homeschool community, that many of our homeschool moms are looking for ways to supplement their family income. Since I owned a staffing company for over twenty years, I’ve made it my business to try to help our moms find authentic work from home positions. I scour the internet weekly searching for these work-from-home opportunities that might interest you. This position looks promising!! It is with a Fortune 300 Company, Colonial Life and they are hiring for a Remote Customer Service Specialist!
WHO IS COLONIAL LIFE?
For 75 years, Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company has had one mission: to help America’s workers preserve and protect the vitally important things they work so hard to build. Headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, they offer a wide range of financial protection options, helping more than 3 million people in nearly 80,000 companies. In addition to their personal benefits counseling expertise, they are re a pioneer of payroll deduction and innovator of enrollment technology. Their end-to-end capabilities and commitment to going above and beyond enable us to provide unmatched customer service. Colonial Life is a division of UNUM, a Fortune 300 corporation. Their corporate awards are impressive! They include:
- List of America’s Best Employers, 2015-2016
- List of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies, 2013
- List of 150 Most Reputable Companies, 2011-2014
- Best Places to Work in Insurance, Business Insurance, 2009-2012, 2014
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles, National Business Group on Health, 2005, 2007-2014
- Top 100 Life & Health Insurance Companies, LifeHealthPro, 2015
- America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, Inc. 5000, 2007, 2009-2012, 2015-2016
- Top 100 Private Companies, Baton Rouge Business Report, 2006-2016
This is the entry level position of a two-level career path. This position is responsible for providing critical and accurate information on benefits, claims and/or policy administration. All work is carefully performed according to established protocols/procedures. This is the first point of contact many times and is important to realize that they are a direct representation of the Unum/Colonial brand. Therefore this position is responsible for the execution of exceptional customer satisfaction by acting in the best interest of the customer; going above and beyond to ensure information is accurate, always applying empathy to those situations that require special care and concern. Customer issue resolution is a priority – issues should be resolved on the first call whenever possible.
This position will require incumbents to work from home, separate from the home office. On rare occasions remote employees may be required to come to the office.
If employees live close to one of the home offices, they may be asked to come into the office during the training period.
This position requires the setup and use of multiple systems, applications and administrative processes. While service is focused on our external customers, this position is responsible for creating detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal cross-functional business partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to external customers’ inquiries with timely and accurate information
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals which contribute to the overall goals of the Contact Center
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries
- Accurately navigate through specific system platforms
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
- Share recommended process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
- Continuously acquire knowledge and understanding of the business functions that the role supports
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
- High level of discipline to remain focused and adhere to a prescribed schedule while working from home
- Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position requires employees to be available to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience required
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, which balance customer satisfaction and financial integrity
- Strong computer proficiency essential
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to seek out developmental opportunities and continuously improve skills/performance
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong worth ethic that positively influences the work habits of the team
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in East or Central Time Zone
- Must have access to a broadband cable internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards