We are helping a client who is hiring a Graphic Designer / Illustrator on a contract basis. Someone who is currently homeschooling their children is strongly preferred.
One of the authors we are working with needs a graphic designer / illustrator to work on 100+ images for a new textbook. As the graphic designer / illustrator on this project you will be working closely with the author, receiving their requirements/specs and you will work your graphic magic to come up with an accompanying design. The illustrator needs to be able to draw detailed images in color. The author is open to any medium. The illustrator will need to know how to turn their work into a digital file. Will need to be able to use Adobe Photoshop. The images will most likely require revisions. Most images will be a quarter page to half page. Compensation will be per image/size. Approximately 100 images (conservative estimate) over the course of a year will be needed. There is potential for this to be a several book deal.
- High level of understanding in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- The illustrator needs to be able to draw detailed images in color.
- Will need artwork in digital files
- Ability to understand specs and transform them into solid designs.
- Reliable and responsive work ethic.
- Creative – able to turn an idea into art.
- Ability to commit to working on the project over the next 12+ months.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to Trish@Vividly.Social. Please include your per image rate. Shortlisted candidates for this role will be invited to a phone interview and may be required to complete a sample graphic under our direction (paid).